Here are my experiences with online dating services:
1) Tara... cute enough and a nice smile. We went out for food and a drink or two, walked around for a bit, and even got ice cream together. I talked to her once afterward and never heard back from her again.
2) Courtney... cute too and was "working on herself". We had dinner at an Italian place and had great conversation. I guess working on herself meant she didn't have time to talk to me.
3) Michelle... cute but lived an hour and a half away. I'm not really sure how we even matched up, but we had some really fun text conversations over the draft weekend and set up going to a baseball game. The day of the game came though, and she never showed up. So I went by myself, took some pictures, and talked to some minor league scouts. All in all, this tuned into a great Minor League Baseball bit for the Face Off Hockey Show, so I'm not even that mad.
4) Trysten... really cute smile and great eyes, she seemed like she actually had her life together and we'd talked for 2 hours already on the phone. This "date" was probably over before it started though. We had fun at a dockside bar, talked for awhile, and at the end of the night got a handshake and a "thanks". I knew it wasn't going well when she referred to how she "lived with her ex" on multiple occasions.
Those were just the girls that I matched up with and set something up to meet in person. More times than not, I just never hear back from the girl or we talk for a bit and then she's gone. Since Trysten, it's actually gotten far worse. I've matched with some randomly cute girls and then never heard back from them at all. I figure that, if after a week, I haven't heard from you at all then you're probably not interested in me or your friends matched me when you were drunk at the bar. The topper was last night though, Nellie. She's a cute girl but nothing overly attractive and certainly not out of my league. I sent one message and got something back, however once I got up this morning it was gone and I had been unmatched. I guess this little girl really needed someone to talk to her last night.
What a joke.
I think I'm going to continue with updates:
1) Jessica... Beautiful smile and a 35 year old IT Project Manager from Virginia. We talked for about 5 messages before I'm guessing that she decided 1 hour was way too far away for her to travel. I'm guessing because Jessica didn't even have the courtesy to tell me what happened. She asked what I did over the weekend and once I mentioned Baltimore then I was unmatched before I got back into the app.
2) Tally of Girls that never even respond is up to 15 now, since I started the updates section. It's actually worse on Hinge, where I'm not sure I've ever had a girl respond to me. At least there's a "match" though, right.
3) Jennifer... Cute girl and seemed like she could've been fun. I wasn't overly attracted to her, but she was certainly cute. Well Jennifer wanted to meet up but didn't want to give me her phone number... instead it was a good old email address. I emailed her and never heard back.
4) Now I'm starting to get spam on Tinder too. Glad that I've gotten at least 5 porn sites that want to match up with me. That's good for the confidence.
5) Mary... Interesting, cute, amazing smile and stepped right up with the confidence to start the conversation. We had a good conversation about music and concerts, but like everything else... it fizzled out and she stopped talking to me.
6) Tiffany... Darn, is all I can say. She's my age, attractive, really smart and I thought our hour and half conversation over brunch was pretty nice. Tiffany was certainly out of my league, but our time together ended with her mentioning that she'd like to meet up again. Come to find out that just isn't the case, and she's not interested in me. She was very truthful about it though, actually texted me to tell me this, and I kindof appreciated this girl. She's amazing, but just ending up being too far out of my league.
7) Tiffany might be the last match I get... it's been over a month since I marched with any girls online.
Who sees a trend here? Since I'm the only constant in this equation, I can only assume it's me... right? I do understand though, most (if not all of these girls) are out of my league, but I'll keep trying until I get a chance with one of those "out of my league" girls. I feel like once I get a chance, then maybe... just maybe... I can get someone to stick around.