Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Closing out 2018: Year in Review...

It's mid-November, and 2018 is probably coming to a close for me.  I've had the "end of summer" dating app uptick, and even a couple dates.  So far, six full hours of dating for the year (pretty nice that I can track that on my Life Cycle App), but it seems like nothing is going farther than that. I’m only counting hours with Samantha, since nothing that occurred with the c-bomb earlier in the year actually existed as eventful time spent in my life (actually, it's literally time wasted on a 38 year old child).  Not that I'm still bitter or anything.  It's just far better to find out the "I've never been interested in you" quote in the beginningso I can adjust accordingly and treat her like a friend the whole time ... and not just find out about it after wasting so much time (and a Caps game and introducing her to other people in my life) on her.

Fall and Winter are normally great though, for me personally, since I normally get to sleep way more, with that light being shorter and all things going on.  Over the past week alone, I've averaged 96% sleep efficiency and an average time of 10:18 ... and this includes a Friday night where I watched old Queen Live sets on YouTube, and tried beer that has been left at my house.  As a quick aside: if you like Queen at all, check out the 'Bohemian Rhapsody' movie ... it's a quick 2 hours and 20 minutes.  I also just got a new set of sheets, that can only make my sleep more amazing this winter.

Over this past year, I've become more comfortable being single.  I've gotten out of the house, and gone to Caps games by myself, concerts by myself, movies by myself, and even went to get some food and "eat out" by myself.  I've always been an independent type of person, but never felt comfortable doing some things still ... things are society deems as "social events" or "date nights" I guess.  Getting past that is good, for me, as it means that I'm doing more and not waiting on other people to go.  Like the Queen movie, for example ... last week I'd gone out with Samantha on Monday night, and we even talked about going to the movie together.  Since I haven't really heard from her since, as she's apparently been “busy”, I'm really happy that I just went by myself and didn't wait on her.  Being more comfortable also isn’t hurt since I'm making a lot more money that I have in the past, and I'm in a much better place at work as well.  All in all, things are going really well, but I'd love to be able to share it with someone else (preferably a cute female that might be interested in me too).

PS:  I feel like I should give different aspects of my life grades, like US soccer players after a friendly against Brazil.  This might be fun for another day.  Maybe an actual "Year in Review"... where I rate experiences through the year.

No comments: