Thursday, January 3, 2013

Off to Australia


Happy New Year to you. It sure has been awhile since I've sat down to this mess of a blog. I do have a couple posts, right off the hop, to bring in the new year. A lot has gone on, for the better, in 2012. I'm still processing how absolutely amazing my friend is, to be quite honest. She's truly one of the very few, very special, very attractive, and very amazing people in my life. I think I'm just going get into the list before I start missing her already.

So, without further adieu, in no real order (because I've lost track of days)... My amazing trip to Sydney.

  • I watched The Bourne Legacy, and Ted on the way there ...The Avengers, and The Wrestler on the way back.  Ate four plane meals, snacks in the meantime, listened to hours of music, and slept.
  • My friend met me straight off at the airport, with a huge smile, a kiss on the cheek, and a "where the fuck have you been?" type of look, 
  • We walked all around Sydney, 
  • We saw the Sydney Opera House, 
  • We saw the Sydney Harbour bridge, 
  • We saw Hyde Park in Sydney, 
  • We went down to The Rocks, 
  • We took a ferry to Manly for some beach time, 
  • We put our feet into the Pacific Ocean, for the first time, in December, that I've been in an Ocean, 
  • We took a train to Sydney Olympic Park, 
  • We rode in all sorts of public transportation, 
  • We watched a live Twenty20 Big Bash cricket match and she explained what was going on, 
  • We went to a great wedding, for a long time friend, and she met most all of my friends that I have from growing up. 
  • She danced the night away at the reception, while I sang the tunes on the bus to the after party. 
  • We ate some proper fish and chips, burgers and chips, Chinese, sushi, Mexican, and a brunch that consisted of French toast, maple syrup, bacon, and vanilla ice cream (twice on the brunch), 
  • We watched the New Years Eve fireworks, from the stands of a cricket grounds in Valcluse (so there weren't as many people and we could see the whole harbor), 
  • We watched the World Series of Darts (to which she even found me darts with American flags), 
  • We went to an amazing 20,000 seat stadium for an A-league match and hung out with all the officials after the game (because she just happened to know the center), 
  • We watched the sun rise on Bondi Beach on New Year's Day (just to see the sun rise on the beginning of a great year for both of us), 
  • We got thrown out of a bar, after I drank three beers, because there was a fight, the police was there, and I was tired (read: "looked drunk"), 
  • We got asked, "Who do we sing for?" To which the correct response is "We sing for Wanderers", especially while wearing an USA away top. 
I'm sure I'll think of more that went on, but I'm currently in the process of trying to shut down my brain and go to sleep. No matter what, you can see from the list above that my friend certainly showed me a lot in a five day span. I'll never be able to repay her for the hospitality and generosity that she's showed me, but I surely hope that I have the chance to try. I'd really like to see her again.

No comments: