Saturday, January 5, 2013

Fighting for out of your league

I've had a lot of time to think recently, and to be a bit more alone than I normally am. Being on planes flying around the world, screwing with your sleeping patterns, and having a couple more days from work will do that a guy I guess.  Plus drinking by yourself might have its usefulness. All joking aside and with the above being said, I think I've had an epiphany, or maybe I'm finally able to put into words, something that I've been thinking about for a long time now.

I always seem to be interested in girls that are far out of my league. 

Whether I try to talk myself into the fact that she isn't, to try to calm myself down, the fact of the matter though, is that she always is. Every girl that I've ever been fully interested in has been so amazingly far out of my league. The question that keeps popping up in my head though (and I don't have a solid answer for) ... Do I continue doing that to myself (I'm not getting any younger you know)? Do I continue to be interested in girls that are so far out of my league? And if the answer continues to be yes, then I need to learn, at some point in the very near future, to stop getting discouraged if it doesn't work out or I don't really get a chance.  Because it's really not meant to work out in the first place. The hardest part of continuing down this destructive path I have myself on, will be to stop getting discouraged time after time. To realize that I would need it to really work but one time, just one time, it will work out and then I'll have found that absolutely amazing girl that I've been chasing for my lifetime. I guess the real epiphany comes in realizing that the reason I always chase after girls out of my league, is because of an incessant need to find someone that is better than me. Someone to learn from, someone to grow with, and someone to be a better person because of. I've always liked the quote "If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room", but I seem to be only just realizing that I'm actually trying to live that way.

At the end of the day, I'll have to keep trying. So maybe I have my answer after all.  I don't know any other way, and it really only takes one chance after all, right? Like Blake Shelton says, in his song "Over" ... "I don't wanna fall asleep alone, and wake up knowing that I died without the one."

No comments: