Friday, August 13, 2010

What a day.

Today, my friends, was a good day.  Let me list what happened:

  1. Took off work yesterday, in order to set up today's festivities
  2. Woke up early, to get in 18 holes of golf.  It was an overcast day, in the area, but with no sun out and the temperature around 85 degrees, it was amazing.  A little blustery on some holes ... I hit a driver, short I might add, into a par 3.  I made a fantastic putt for par on a par 5.  Ended up shooting a legitimate 101 (meaning that I don't approximate scores and I make my putts) ... I missed a 6 ft. putt on 18 for a 100.
  3. Stopped off at Little Caesar's on the way home for a bit of a cheese pizza and some crazy bread.  Which, by the way, is apparently just what a friend of mine was craving.  I bribed her with pizza, and went over to hang out with her and her 1 year old daughter for a couple hours.
  4. All in all, a great way to spend the day off.
So, it might not seem like much to some people, but to me it was perfect.  This just becomes a good ending to what was a good couple of days.  On Wednesday, another friend of mine gave me a Slingbox that he wasn't using anymore.  In order to figure out what a Slingbox does ... Google it, Google can help you with everything.  If you'd like to "Giovanni it", then I'll tell you.  A Slingbox takes what you have on your TV, runs the video and audio into a tiny computer like device, and broadcasts all of that information through the internet and onto a website that I can see wherever I am in the world.  I can even change channels on the TV, sitting in my room, from wherever I am.  It's a pretty sweet gizmo and it even works with internet phones too.  So today was also a good day because I  figured out how I can connect my Slingbox to the wireless internet in the house and to my FIOS box.  I'm getting some powerline boxes ... these things take the internet from one spot in the house (near your router), plugs it into the power lines that run throughout your house, and pops the internet connection back out on any power outlet in the house.  So basically, I'm taking a wire from the router to one powerline box that's connected to the outlet, and plugging in another powerline box into the outlet near the Slingbox.  Viola!  Internet to the Slingbox and I don't have to worry about the wireless connection.

What can I say, it's the little things that make me happy.  And with that being said, it's time to make the rest of the day just as fun as earlier today was.  A couple Golden Monkeys should do the trick.

No comments: