Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Giving Up...

I always wondered how someone could get to the point where they decided that looking for love was no longer worth it... that they were giving up. Finding someone to love and live your life with is one of the fundamental blocks of living life to the fullest, right?

I've reached the point where I'm giving up, and I'll tell you why. I no longer enjoy the process... I no longer believe that I'm better off with someone else... I no longer believe that I will find someone that I can live my life with. I'm giving up.

It's sad and somewhat liberating. I was spending multiple hours on dating apps, and had 10 different apps on my phone at the same time. Many of which I would "match" with girls who never talked to me, or go out on a first date and never go anywhere farther than that. I've dated girls here and there throughout my life, but ultimately it was never anything really worth it. Fuck, I spent more time trying to get away from girls that thought I should be interested in them, not knowing that the whole time I felt like my energy was being sapped by their needy personalities.

So, I'm giving up on love and I'll live my life how I want to... hanging out with my friends, traveling the world, and playing golf. Oh, and I'll have a nice little 6-speed manual, dual exhaust sports car soon enough. Bye.

No comments: