Monday, June 13, 2011

Loyalty and Trust

I'm a huge believer in loyalty and trust, in all walks of my life ... the place I work, people I referee with, my friends, and even the people that I have showing me houses and working up my loan information.  Loyalty and trust are two character traits that I have, and I don't believe it's too much to ask for others to perform the same way.

That's why I've lost faith in some of the influences in my life recently.  After being at my company for 11 years now, I've had my job taken right out from under me and have been put back into a job that I did 4+ years ago.  I understand that I shouldn't be complaining too loudly ... I mean, I still have a job, however in no way, shape, or form is it what I want to be doing with my life and in all honesty it's really a step backward in my career progression.  So, after 11 years, at the same place, I'm looking to move on.  Somewhere new, where I can create and be helpful.  Since it seems like people here believe that someone with no experience is better than me.

If you read this blog at all, I'm sure you fit somewhere into my life.  I don't mean this as some sort of warning shot or anything like that.  If you read this, then I'm certain that you can work with me and I thank you for being loyal and trustworthy.  Which is why I'm telling you first that I'm moving on with my life.  A new house is on the way, and hopefully a new job is not very far away from that.  A new chapter will be written soon enough, and knowing myself ... it'll all be bullet point thoughts.

"Years of loyalty and trust can't be gained in one week, but it can certainly be lost."

No comments: