Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thoughts: In Random

Well ... it's been about a month since I last wrote something on this blog.  I sure hope people don't show up here every day in order to see if I've written anything.  If that was the case, I would feel like a shitbum for not doing anything.

Ironically, it's not even like I've been lazy or not writing anything.  It's just that things I've been writing recently wouldn't make sense to anyone here, you wouldn't want to read about it anyway, it doesn't make sense to me, or it's thoughts and feelings that should only be distributed to close friends.  Everything that I've written recently will probably be used at some point, in the future, to show myself how insane I was at this point of my life or how much things have changed.  I'm really hoping I can look back on this and realize that what I was going through was a normal beginning to a great relationship.

I'm quite sorry if I'm writing in vagueness.  To put it bluntly, I've found a really cute girl that I'm quite interested in.  This doesn't happen very often to me, hell I think the last time was close to 5 years ago.  I don't even mean that I rarely find girls that I'm interested in because that would show some kind of narcissistic tendency, like I feel I'm better than most girls.  That's not it.  It's just that I rarely find a girl that I'm interested in who will actually give me an opportunity to take her out and find out more about her.  This has gone on for about a month now, but I just don't know what's going on anymore.  At some points I think things are going well, and at others I feel like there's no reason to keep trying or that I'm honestly annoying her.

To switch up gears a bit, I've been trying to learn Italian.  It's one of My 101 List that really needs to happen.  The language seems to be close to French, which I find interesting that I still remember at all.  Madame Powers, at Mt. St. Joe, would be proud that I've retained any French at all.  Some words in Italian are close enough the French that I remember what they mean, and some words are not really close at all.  I'm just in the stage 1 vocabulary section, so we'll see how much of this language I can actually learn.  I'm going to give it a real try though and see what comes from it.  Maybe I'll head back to Italy at some point.  I've also been looking at houses that I could buy.  After getting the remaining money from refereeing season, I finally feel like I'm financially set to make this jump.  I know this is going to be a long process, but I'm hoping that within 3 months or so I'll be a first time home buyer and living on my own for the first time in my life.  It'll be life changing and I'm looking forward to creating something for myself.  I think I've narrowed thoughts down to what I'm looking for, but it'll just be whenever I can find something that'll suit my needs.  I'm in a good spot though, even with Danny and Jaime getting married come May, I can stay there for a bit longer if needed.  I'd rather not be there too long after that's done, but I fully understand this house buying process will not be short.

Outside of that, I don't have much more going on.  So, now we're caught up on what's gone on for the past month or so.  I honestly hope that you're not showing up on a daily basis to see what I write.

PS:  Is it wrong that I would rock out 3/4th length pants?

No comments: