Monday, December 13, 2010

Trouble and Something New

So ... as I write this, the Washington Capitals are stuck deeply in a 6 game losing streak.  I'm not going to sugar coat this thing, I like how the sky is falling.  I like how bloggers, "fans", and even the team are confused and mad that this is happening (I don't like how people are making it sounds like the trade for a shut down defenseman is somehow contributing to this slide).  Maybe this will drop some of the bandwagon fans that don't realize the Capitals organization hasn't been all about winning ... as they have been in recent years.  Not that there is anything wrong with bandwagon fans, but when I start hating fans for the hockey team that I love ... it's gone too far.  But I digress.  I don't see this losing streak as a bad thing at all.  The Caps went on a 15 game winning streak last season, and it didn't translate into playoff success, so maybe this will work the same way ... just in an opposite direction.  I'm perfectly fine with the Caps having a 10 game losing streak, having to fight to win the SouthEast Division, the Eastern Conference, or the President's Trophy, and going into the playoffs a far stronger team than they are right now.  It certainly seemed to work for the Penguins of 2 years ago, and the Flyers of last season.

Now, as for something new ... I'm playing ice hockey this weekend.  I fully plan on making a fool of myself in front of a bunch of friends and some people that I barely know.  It's going to be awesome.  Sadly though, I haven't been able to get out much to skate.  I strapped on the roller blades and skated for a bit on Saturday.  Good news ... I can still skate.  Bad news ... I'm in awful shape (or not in "hockey" shape).  Man this weekend is going to be tough, but it'll be awesome at the same time.  I hope some people can make it out because I'm not sure how many more times this will happen.

No comments: