Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Where to start?

I have friends, and said friends have blogs.  They blog about anything and everything ... raising a child, life, amusing experiences, hockey, P90X, and almost anything in between.  Most likely I won't get close to anything that other people write about.  In all honesty, this "blog" is more or less a place to put thoughts onto paper ... umm a screen ... and get them out of my head.  Hell, I'm not even sure who will end up knowing this is even here, and I actually quite like that.

See, the reason I started this now is because soccer season is coming up.  I'm an NCAA and high school soccer referee in the area.  This basically means that from August 21st to just about Thanksgiving, I have no life outside of working all day long and heading to referee, my "second job".  I use quotations because referee soccer games isn't really a job to me ... I'm being paid to run, work out, and be at some really high level soccer games.  It's still a job though because it takes a lot of time.  Already, for the coming season, I have 44 games scheduled in 10 weeks ... or basically refereeing 4-5 times a week.  Also, becoming a National Level NCAA referee means that I'm doing more NCAA games (and at higher levels) than I ever have before in my refereeing career.  Don't get me wrong though, the pay is amazing and like I said, I barely see it as a job (most of the time).  Refereeing is something that I really have fun doing and it'll be the reason that I'm able to buy a house, on my own, in the near future.  It may also be the reason that I'll be living by myself, for the first time in my life, and that I fear that I could end up living my life with a ton of acquaintances around me, but nobody that really knows me at all.

So, I guess we'll see where we go from here.  I have no clue how often this will be used or what I'll even write about.  Most likely it'll be haphazard on both accounts.  As for now though, I need to make sure my team is set for the Vuelta a España.  The addition of some Spanish cyclists, that I don't really know, should really round my team out nicely.

No comments: